Some days I don't know what to do with this boy, he is so different than my girls have been. For example, me and the girls were watching saturday conference. Actually let me back up, I was watching/cleaning through most of conference on saturday but then towards the end of the afternoon session I told the girls and Logan to come listen to a couple of speakers. The girls moaned a little bit because I had interupted some game they were playing but they came. Logan comes walking in covering his ears and closing his eyes saying, "I don't like general conference! And I'm never going to listen to it!" Hence the hands over the ears and his eyes shut. Like the boy even knows what general conference is? He just doesn't like to do anything he is told lately... What do I do?
I know it's probably not right of me but you had to see the way he did it, I wanted to laugh. But the mother in me wanted to kick his bum and put him on his bed, but that would have given him what he wanted...so I just ignored him and and actually ended up sitting on the floor (well it was more of a lay on the floor) and act like I hate this, but he was quiet and I like to think he listened :) That's just one example of a daily test we have at my house with him.
Then there are pictures like these and sweet little things he does like, giving me a hug when I get really mad at him and saying he's sorry without me having to tell him to, that make me realize how much I really do love him and that in the end it will all be worth these tests.




6 comments:
What a funny kid:) I think they must know that they can't push our buttons ALL the time and they have to have the sweet moments to make us forget some of the not so sweet ones:) The pictures totally show the sweet side of his personality :)
funny little boy - all boy. i dealt with that too. keep up the good work!
I get a double dose of "boy" with Will and Bruce everyday. He is one cute little boy and I just love those suspenders on him! Miss you guys!
Yup. He's a boy!
One thing I've learned from my boys is that even when they ACT like they don't want to be told what to do, they're still listening. He knew you were right. He just felt obligated to rebel a little. =o) Because he's a boy. Enjoy the ride!
Sherri, I don't believe you at all! Just look at those pictures!!!! haha
I would agree with "it's a boy thing" except Skye does the same thing on a daily basis...he sure is cute though!
Post a Comment