This is one of my longer posts, so bear with me and keep going down, there are two sets of pictures.
So I've been waiting for Sawyer Brown to come back to Jackpot for two years. Levi and I saw them two years ago and we both really liked them, they were very entertaining. Levi doesn't really enjoy country all that much but he even thought they were good. I saw that they were coming back and so we drug 3 other couple friends to Jackpot with us to watch them. I enjoyed them just as much the second time around, hopefully the rest of them did too, if not then I owe them cause I'm glad they all came, we had such a good time.
Thanks Amy for taking all the good pictures and letting me steal them from your blog.






We all had awesome babysitters that were either staying the night or at grandma's house and didn't care how late we were. (Thanks again to Sidney and Shelly for watching our kids, I promise next time you come we won't ditch you with the kids.) None of us wanted to loose money to the slot machines so we decided to go to Twin and find something to do there. We had no plans we just didn't want to go home yet. (That sounds like something a bunch of teenagers would do huh?) Well after we went looking for Nate's dream mustang, ditching Levi at the bathrooms, and doing a little window shopping (sounds pretty exciting so far huh?) then Rick saw a sign for Nazkarts and knew where they were so we decided to go see if they were still open, this was probably around 11:00.
So we walk in to the nazkart place and needless to say there weren't many people our age in there. We signed our lives away and warned the guys that they better take it easy and not break too many parts on the karts or themselves. I think that the guy telling us the rules forced them to be a little careful and not put any of us ladies into the side.
So here comes the point to the story, while we were racing some young kids came into the racing track and said, "Oh, it's just a bunch of old people." I didn't really consider myself all that old until that comment and later that night when we got home after 1:00 a.m. and couldn't remember the last time I'd been up that late, willingly anyway.


From what we saw at the end of racing, these pictures are ranked in the order of fastest times...
Me

Sharon
Kaydee

Nate
Rick
Greg

and coming in last Levi, J/k. We might have had some help manipulating the times, I better say that Rick and Levi were battling for the top and I think Levi won. Good job honey! They even had better times than the youngsters that called us old people. Can't wait to go and feel young again!





4 comments:
Thanks for inviting us!!! We had tons of fun and can't wait to go again!!!! Rick especially wants to prove the he can beat Levi, we will have to be more careful because I think next time we probably would get run over:)
We had a BLAST and you were right the music wasn't that bad ;) I can't wait to do it again too!
Can't say that I would want to see Sawyer Brown, but the cars looks so fun. I can't imagine competitive Levi coming in last. That would never happen or if it did, he wouldn't talk the whole way home!!j/k
It sounds like you guys had a blast. It also sounds like a real date like young people do. I am impressed. Looks like fun!!
Post a Comment