Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Birthday Weekend

The girls pretty much had a 4-day birthday. On Friday I let them have some friends over for a couple of hours to play and have some cake... Don't look too closely at the cakes they look better farther away.









Saturday we went to Thanksgiving Point in Utah with the Hawkers. We stayed at a hotel that night and the girls went swimming saturday night and sunday morning. I'm glad I'm taking the picture and not in the butt-view shot that I took. Really I was taking a picture of the T-rex's in the back.


This was the highlight of seeing the dinosaurs, playing in the sand. I know someones house they could have done this for free!





If it looks like my girls are scared of riding the little ponies, they were for the first couple of circles and then they realized the ponies weren't going anywhere and started smiling. You'd think us country folk wouldn't be scared of horses. They need to spend more time riding horses at grandpas.


We don't have any pictures of Sundays adventures, but on sunday we met all of my brothers and sisters, minus one brother-in-law and niece and nephew, which we wished could have been there to help us get rid of tokens, at Chuck E. Cheeses. The girls had a blast! (And I think some of the older ones did too, but they wouldn't admit it if you asked).


Then on Monday, the official birthday, we went out to dinner and let the girls spend some of their birthday money. But before we left we gave them their presents, this is what they thought of their new bunkbeds, I'm glad that they were such a hit. Logan even thinks they are pretty fun to play on.









6 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow Sherri, I am impressed with the cakes! That is more than I would have attempted. Where are the pics from Supercross?? I wish I would have had my camera. Maybe I will just steal yours if you ever post them. :)

Amy N. said...

How FUN and happy birthday to them! I am glad to see that you got a better reaction than we did with the bunk beds :)

Emily and company said...

How fun! Those cakes are awesome!

Aaron & Nancy said...

Cute cakes...and they each got their own?! Impressive! I wish we could have been there to celebrate ONE of the four days. I love making birthdays fun for my kids too. It's one day they can feel on top of the world!

Kaydee said...

Happy birthday you two!!!!

Sami M said...

Those cakes are so cute! I love the picture of their faces when they saw the bunk beds. How priceless.