Warning: These pictures are not for the weak of stomach.
Lets start off at the beginning, Our power was out all day Sunday the 29th of March, which was rather enjoyable, no tv it was really quite peaceful. Until about 9 o'clock that night. We got some candles out and were roasting marshmellows, the girls were so excited because we had told them we would do this when it was dark. Brooke spread the candles out all over the house so we could light them when it got dark, well dumb mom put them all on the table so we could see what we were doing. I was taking pictures and trying to figure out what setting to put it on for dark pictures. Well needless to say if you look really close in the first picture here (last picture I took on my camera) Logan is playing with the candles, aka fire. Next thing I saw was his hand on fire. He had picked up a little piece of plastic and started it and his hand on fire.
These two pictures were the next day, after we took him to the doctor.

This was a week after it happened. The main blisters popped a few days after and then more blisters came underneath those ones.

I took him to the doctor yesterday and he cut some of the dead skin off of it so it would heal better. Logan was really good and let him do it.
This was a week after it happened. The main blisters popped a few days after and then more blisters came underneath those ones.
I took him to the doctor yesterday and he cut some of the dead skin off of it so it would heal better. Logan was really good and let him do it.
The doctor said that he has most 2nd degree burns and in the tip of his thumb and a couple of other white spots are 3rd degree burns. He says the skin should heal over them and he'll be fine. Pretty scary for us though, he keeps the wrap on his hand really well. He actually doesn't like it to be uncovered. The doctor also said he will probably loose his thumbnail.





10 comments:
How sad; I know what you're going through. Daniel pulled the curling iron off the dresser onto his leg when he was about half a year old. He still has the scar, but now that he is bigger, it looks smaller.
OUCH!! That makes my hand hurt just looking at it! He's taken it a lot better than I thought he would. Probably better than I would have!! :)
Poor, poor little boy. It really makes me cringe just thinking about it. Where was Dad during this adventure?
Greg told me about that...poor kid! Give him a hug for me because I know he wont let me give him one myself. All my kids have been "branded" (as my husband so lovingly calls it) under my watch...they heal so well and when they are that little they usually don't remember a thing.
I have to say I quite enjoyed our power outage too...I am tempted to hit the main braker some days and pretend that it is out.
he was helping the girls roast marshmellows and then after it happened trying to convince me that we didn't need to drive 90 mph straight to the hospital, that it could wait until morning. It's probably good that we both aren't nurturers.
Oh, poor little guy! He sounds like a trooper though.
ouch! hurts just to look at it! poor little guy - hope everything's healing fine!
Poor Logan! I hope it heals quickly. Glad to see you're blogging again Sherri!
OOOUUUUCCCHHHH poor little Logan. That is a HHHHUUUUGGGE Blister. Hope he feels better soon!
Ohhh.. poor baby. I want to cry.
Post a Comment