Saturday, September 20, 2008

Only and Last Camping Trip


Sad but true, this was our only and last camping trip this summer. We went with 4 couples and their kids to Soda Springs, as you can see by the pictures it's a very beautiful place. It was so much fun, the kids had a blast! But the adults weren't far behind we all had a great time! We went on some long motor rides, walks, played games, and ate a ton of good food. Thanks to Sharon and her great picture taking abilities, I was able to post some pictures of our fun trip.



The first day we went on a motor ride with the Hawkers, we were at the top of one of the peaks and could see the camp trailer and the cabin that we were staying at. If you look really close you can see them.





I braided Brooke and Lacee's hair so I wouldn't have to do it there, but I didn't think to pack the sunscreen for the parts in their hair. Needless to say they had little red squares on their heads when we got home. After they showered, it wasn't too much fun trying to comb their hair out.





Logan loved the 4-wheeler and motorbike, he was pretty happy being outside and it wouldn't be good camping if he didn't have a dirty face.



How many men does it take to check dinner?


The weather was perfect, chilly in the mornings for hot chocolate and a fire. During the day it warmed up enough to give us sunburned cheeks and noses and then cooled back down at night.





The kids were always on the go, playing games, walking, or riding 4-wheelers. Kaydee and Nate brought a little wheeler and Brooke learned how to drive it, I wished I would have taken a picture of it. When we got home she said her favorite part was learning to drive the little wheeler. They didn't ever run out of things to do.





Some pretty good pictures of Logan (good job Sharon)

Oh yeah, and SOME of us were able to relax!


Lacee and Ryley were so funny, you'd rarely see one without the other one too far behind! That's a pair that could get into a lot of trouble together.



The boys went on a ride Saturday and then the girls went on one Sunday.
No surprise that the boys didn't take a camera with them but us girls had to get a picture. We all came back to camp with dusty dirty faces, well except Kristen she was the smart one who was in front the whole ride.

4 comments:

Kaydee said...

Hey glad to see some fun camping pictures posted. I have quite a few of your family, someday maybe I will get them on a disk for you.

Sharon said...

For as many pictures as I took there are things that I remember that I wish that I would have taken more. Oh well there is always next year. Thanks again for going with us. I can't wait to go again!

Aaron & Nancy said...

Looks like fun. Lots of good pictures. I love the girls' braids. Too bad about the sunburn!

Kevin said...

Well, you got one more camping trip in than we had this summer. Looks like you had a great time. Looking forward to going hunting with Levi.